YCEMP and the United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth World Humanitarian Summit Working Group are co-hosting a webinar on health and essential medicines. With guest speakers from MSF Access Campaign and the HGEI-Lancet Commission on Global Access to Pain Control and Palliative Care, the panel will explore the following questions with all participants :
- What do “essential medicines” mean to humanitarian workers?
- How can we safeguard the health of people in conflicts and natural disasters by securing the provision of quality and safe medicines?
- Why did we not develop a vaccine or drug against Ebola sooner? (The virus was first discovered in 1976!)
- Why are medicines unaffordable?
- Why should young people care? What can we do?
Read the biographies of the webinar speakers : Download pdf file
Please simply visit the following link to join the webinar
Watch our trailer video in which we discussed some of the above questions with the participants of the Doha Global Youth Consultation for World Humanitarian Summit :
Background reading :
- MSF Access Campaign submission to the WHS. The urgent need for new tools to prevent, diagnose and treat medical needs in humanitarian emergencies.
- MSF Alert Special Report: The Cost of Medicine.
- WHO submission to the WHS. Health at the heart of humanitarian action.